Use this form to apply for a discount if you or the adults you live with aren't counted for Council Tax. This is known as a disregard discount.
If everyone is disregarded except for one person, you’ll get a 25% discount.
If everyone is disregarded, you'll get a 50% discount and in some cases the property will be exempt from Council Tax.
People aged 18 or over are disregarded for Council Tax if they are:
- 18 and 19 year olds who are still at school or college
- people over 18 that have child benefit paid for them
- foreign language assistants
- people who are severely mentally impaired
- patients who live in a hospital, residential care home or nursing home
- care workers
- carers for someone they live with
- members of a religious community
- members of international headquarters, defence organisations and visiting forces
- residents of hostels or night shelters
- people who are detained in prison or under the Mental Health Acts
- school or college leavers
- full time students or their non-British spouses who are prevented from taking paid employment or claiming benefits
- student nurses
- apprentices who are paid under £195 a week and are studying towards a qualification accredited by the National Council for Vocational Qualifications (for example City & Guilds)
- people under 25 who are training under the Youth Training Scheme
- diplomats and their spouses, if not British
Please continue to pay your Council Tax as billed while we deal with your application. Recovery action may be taken if you don't pay.
Data privacy statement
We process your personal data to provide you with statutory services. We may share information provided with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, law enforcement agencies, or undertake local anti-fraud initiatives, to prevent and detect fraud or money laundering. If you provide false or inaccurate information and fraud is identified, we may pass details to fraud prevention agencies to prevent more fraud and money laundering.
More information about fraud
We'll process your personal information under the relevant data protection legislation. We may share your data without your consent, where it’s lawful to do so.
More information about data protection
Information about data collected via online forms
Start a new form
Choose this option to start a new form - click on the Start button to get going.
Continue a saved form
Choose this option to retrieve a previously saved form - enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on